In the midst of all that is happening right now in my Country Nigeria, I want to use this medium to remind you of these few things that will be highlighted in this blog post.
If you’re reading from outside Nigeria, please put us in your prayers. Thank you so much.
You know, in these past days, I’m not sure I’ve cried so much the way I cried watching all the videos of people dying. I cried so much that I couldn’t sleep. I started running temperature with excruciating headache.
Yes, we’ve been praying, praising and doing all we can cause to be honest, it takes God to really help us. Everyone is feeling helpless, yet hopeful.
Nonetheless, we can’t get all these images of horrible events that has been taking place in our nation off our mind, or act like it was all a dream. By the time you distract yourself with movies, music, or something different from all these sad news. The moment you get on socials, you find out it seem not to be over.
Amazingly, all these things are happening in 2020 that seemed to be a very promising year. This 2020 actually is one of the most anticipated year. We got a shocker by Covid. Most part of it was spent in lockdown. Towards the tail end of the year, where we’re trying to pick up where we left off; we’re experiencingmassacre and injustice instead. Wow!
I know how heartbroken everyone is feeling right now.
I have come with a different news.
In the beginning of this year, 2020, some people had resolutions. Lots of big dreams. God gave us words to run with. So many plans and things on our heart to launch out. Like Habakkuk 2: 2- 4, we had written all of these down. Personally for me, in the first three month into the year I had ticked off like three of my goals and that looked very promising, you know. Despite the lockdown, some people were still achieving some of their goals.I remember during the lockdown, God was still telling me how great 2020 would be and I kept proclaiming and confessing that “2020 is still that year”. How then did we get here? Does it not seem like the opposite?
Well, I can tell you that all these occurrences will try to blur our vision, limit our dream, make us doubt if we can ever say something good of 2020. 4th of October was my birthday and Abba still blew my mind with amazing things He promised. In the same month I’m experiencing all of these. But you know what?
When we started having these visions and dreams, it wasn’t like things were any better. So why subject it now to the fact that everything seem to be in a disarray?
What we choose to see, believe and hold on to is very expedient in times like this.
This is why we have to create another resolution in the midst of our resolutions that:
- We refuse to lose sight of the visions, dreams and pictures of where we hope to see ourselves.
- We won’t let anything steal our word from us.
- We stop dreaming like a child.
- We won’t stop speaking to the atmosphere of how great a year 2020 is for us.
- We won’t let anything stop us from taking those steps towards the achievement of our dreams.
- We won’t give in to pressure, depression or mental break down.
- We won’t deter from our course set before us.• We won’t stop praying, praising and holding on to God’s word.
- We won’t lose faith in God.
- We won’t become short sighted subjecting ourselves to things we see happening, rather we look beyond and see beyond just like Father Abraham did.
- We will see like God, having seen light even when there was darkness, He called it forth and it came to be.
- We receive strength and encourage ourselves in God just like Father David did.
When we fail in times of adversity, how little is our strength? We weren’t induced with strength to fail but to stand and withstand days like these. And to think more days like these would come is not an understatement.
So, dear friend, sister, brother, father and mother, far and wide, close or near. Get yourself up!
This is not some aspire to inspire motivation read. Our weapon of warfare is not carnal. We are all in these together. I can see goosebumps all over my body as I write this to you. I am encouraged myself just as I write to you. It’s not time to give up. Get up and see beyond!
Love & Light
Maureen Oseji (Abba’s Girl)
PS: Kindly share if you think it’s worth sharing.