Hello my people. So I’m going to skip preamble today. I want to talk to you guys about something so deep that I learnt recently from my best friend – The Holy Spirit.
You know how someone can do something to us that really hurts, and we claim with our mouth that we’ve forgiven them. But we can’t stop talking about it.
I know it’s not easy to forget certain incidence in our life, especially if it’s a painful one. I don’t know if it’s humanly possible though. But I believe if we make effort and with the help of the Holy Spirit we can truly forgive people of whatever it is they did to us.
So what are those signs that shows you’ve only forgiven with your mouth and not with your heart?
- Whenever someone who hurt you one time steps in to a gathering where you’re at and and as you see them you suddenly develop some sort of resentment towards them, or your mood just totally changes from being all hyped to being cold. And I know this might not be intentional but, to be honest, you haven’t let go just yet.
- Whenever the picture of what that person did to you flashes back and you just wished you had reacted or done something to hurt them back. I get flashbacks a lot but I shake my head and it just goes away. Lol. It really does work. Instead of nurturing the thoughts again which leads you back right where you started.
- When you keep avoiding those people who have hurt you – I mean, to the extent of praying for them not to cross your path not to talk of saying hello.
- When you can’t stop telling people what this person did to you, that person did to you and you just want to tell the whole world. I mean, if you’ve truly forgiven them then you don’t need to go about telling every A B C & D you see. Except in cases where you just wanted someone to draw lessons from your experience but you don’t always have to mention the person’s name.
- If you can’t sincerely in your heart pray for someone who had inflicted pain on you intentionally or unintentionally, then you still have something against them.
I could go on and on but I’d stop there. Yours might be a different feeling or experience but as long as we don’t truly forgive people we also share part in whatever consequence that follows.
I’ve had so many experience of betrayal, hurt, back biting, people passing false blames on me, saying what I didn’t say, etc. But I have learned to let go and move on for peace – not because I’m nice o but I can’t be carrying someone else’s baggage on my shoulder when I’ve not finished bearing mine.
I’d rather apologize to you even when you hurt me than allowing what you did stand in the way of my peace, joy and relationship with Abba.
I mean, how do people sleep or pray when they have something against someone? I really can’t cause I’ve not mastered how to pretend I’m cool with someone when I’m not.
So, major take outs:
- Allow the Holy Spirit breathe on your heart.
- Pray to God to give you a large heart and a heart that forgives.
- Avoid harboring toxic emotions.
- Always remember this scripture – Follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.
- Leave the past in the past.
- Give people benefit of doubt for their actions.
- Have a mindset that you’ve forgiven anyone even before they do anything wrong to you.
- Buy them gifts….I can do this and I have severally. It’s not eye service, it’s you learning to be like Christ. If Christ can give you his life even after we betrayed him then who are we.
- God is love and love is God – you were made in His likeness so you are love. This is our reality and we must walk in it by loving regardless.
I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me and whoever has offended you in one way or the other. And I also forgive you and anyone who has and will offend me.
Love & Light💕💕💕