While I’m working on the blog revamping, I decided to share some things still.
Happy New Month Family!
Am I the only one who feels this year is moving so fast?
I really can’t believe it’s March already.
Anyway, my prayer is that: God will continue to keep us, and help us to maximize every time, chance and opportunity that life has to offer.
For some of us who are yet to achieve any of our set goals:
“Don’t give up on yourself. Push harder, get motivated! Do whatever you need to do until your heart desire becomes a reality. Also don’t forget your values.”
Recently, I get this kind of scary feeling any time I remember I’m not getting any younger. But I quickly remind myself of how far I’ve come. I don’t need some wrong energy to drain me of my joy.
Moving right along.
I have a testimony to share with you guys. I’m seriously jubilating. I can’t believe myself too, but I take things like this seriously. I’m sure you’d understand.
This year I did some house cleaning. By house cleaning, I mean (I did some introspection, thinking about my life and a lot of things).
One of those things I thought about was that: I’ve not been reading as I ought to. As a child, all I knew was to read, and read and read. No fun: go to school, get back home, freshen up, eat and read.
Yeah! I had a disciplinary big daddy.
Well, now I’m growing and there’s no big daddy to watch all my activities and all. This value I grew up with as a child was meant to continue with me, right?
So I thought.
Especially in this age and time where we need to be really informed to stay ahead.
I hear people ask, “have you read this, have you read that? I’m a book this and that.”
So I decided to borrow myself some sense.
I read my school book, I read other books, but I never get to finish them. I’d just stop half way and I’m done.
There’s a friend of mine whose reading habit amazes me. Her book library is something else. Makes me feel like I’m not in this world at all. Like I’m missing out a lot.
Sincerely, that’s the truth. There’s so much to learn, that would aid our journey in life, but they are buried inside books. And the problem is to read it.
Don’t get me wrong – I read, but I don’t finish them. I’ve read a lot of books that has smaller pages. But I’m talking about a 250 pages and upward book. I’d just give up and do something else.
I bought books of over #5,000 for the first time in my life in 2016 December. Just so I can inculcate this habit.
Did I read them? Halfway through.
I knew this was a problem as many might not see it that way, but it was for me.
Well, buying the books was a step ahead. So I took up a challenge to start and finish any book I pick up.
To cut to the chase. I did pick up one and I’m done now. Even though it shouldn’t have taken that long, but I’m so excited about the progress.
Here is what I did:
- I choose a book that was related to my season. Like what was really important to me at that time. Since I’m all out to discovering purpose, I decided to read Destiny by T. D. Jakes. That book is awesome. I’d do a review on it and share with you guys. That’s if you’ve not read it. I know some book worms who visit here: Peju, Seun, Emmanuel, Abraham, Lara, among others – I sight you guys. I’m just a learner.
- I kept the book beside my bed and ensured I read at least a page every morning. I didn’t open it at all while I was writing my exam. So after exam, I read more than a page. Sometimes I don’t feel interested, but I kept on staring at those letters until I synched into them and become interested. Some other time, I probably drop it and see a movie, then get back to it.
- Thirdly, I kept on reminding myself of the fact that if I really want to go far, I need to be a reader. I also reminded myself of the challenge, that if I stop halfway now, I’m simply agreeing to be a failure.
Was that harsh? I guess it was necessary. Sometimes you need to push yourself hard. Your village people won’t want you to succeed and find out vital truth, but don’t let them keep you ignorant. LOL
But I’m serious o.
I feel so excited! I never thought reading could be so much fun. Gosh! I’ve really been missing out.
Just imagine if you had a good reading habit, what would your result in school have been like?
I had a distinction during my OND. Trust me, I could have read more. Cause it was a scale through; I knew it was God’s intervention too. I started putting extra effort in my last two semesters. What if the extra was from the beginning? It’s a lesson for all of us.
- Reading grows you. Keeps you informed. Keeps you from making mistakes or understanding a mistake you’ve made and how you could have done it better.
- It keeps you ahead. Improves your vocabulary. Expands your thinking. Takes off wrong mentalities from your mind. Helps you become a balanced person.
You can read all round depending on your season.
As you’re reading to increase your finance, read to improve your spiritual life too. Social life and everything necessary.
Just read it!
I can’t believe I’m saying this. Yeah! I’m on that journey too. And I feel so great!
Be sure to share your own experience with me too. I’ll be glad to hear it.
Love you guys,
PS: Sharing is caring: Comment, share, like. What do you guys think about this new theme? It’s not done yet, but any idea?